TMI Annual Convention 2016 Reminder - Look Forward to Seeing You There...
5th September 2016
Categories: DMS Homepage News
The team at New Mind | tellUs is looking forward to meeting up with our clients and partners at the fast approaching TMI Annual Convention on the 12th October, an essential event for anyone involved in destination management.
This year's venue is the Hilton, Bournemouth, a well connected destination, with direct trains from most of the UK and flights from most of the UK's airports into nearby Southampton Airport.
The itinerary for the 12th October boasts an outstanding range of speakers and a full programme of topical presentations including:
- The State of the Nation: Brexit and the changing tourism landscape.
- Coastal Tourism in 2016: Turning the Tide - new research findings highlighting the opportunities for tourism growth in coastal destinations.
- The WIGHT BID: A sustainable future for tourism - the creation of the UK’s first county-wide Business Improvement District for the Isle of Wight, the decisions and challenges along the way, and what happens next.
- Destination Plymouth: Mayflower 400 - working in partnership with destinations in the UK, US and Holland and aspirations for 2020 and the legacy for UK tourism.
- UK Rail & Tourism: A winning combination - working with local partners to position rail travel within the holiday and short break market.
- Using Data to improve marketing effectiveness: Understanding your data & getting the right message to the right people at the right time.
- Dangerous data and the dwindling light of the Data Protection Act: Are you ready for the new data protection laws? The shift from the Data Protection Act to the General Data Protection Regulation and what it means for tourism businesses.
New Mind | tellUs will also be running a workshop entitled 'Revenue Generating Opportunities for DMOs' featuring new partner, WebTicketManager.
On the afternoon of the 11th October, delegates will be offered a selection of study tours followed by a chance to network and share experiences at an informal gathering at the Keywest Restaurant at the Pier in the evening.
For more information on the event programme, speakers, accommodation or booking options, visit the TMI website. To arrange to meet up with one of the team at New Mind | tellUs at the convention, give us a call on 0330 440 1825.