Get Involved in English Tourism Week - 25th March to 2nd April
15th February 2017
Categories: Our News
A series of events showcasing visitor experiences in England will form part of English Tourism Week (ETW), the annual celebration of English Tourism from the 25th March to 2nd April.
Tourism destinations, accommodation providers, attractions, TICs, visitors and locals are all encouraged to get involved in order to:
- raise the profile and understanding of tourism with decision makers, the media and those who work or are considering a career in the industry
- increase awareness amongst consumers, local residents and international visitors of England's tourism offer
- provide a national framework for destinations' and businesses' own marketing campaigns
- provide a free marketing and communication 'hook' for your own activities
So how can our DMOs capitalise on the initiative and kick start their season? Here's just a few ideas:
- Use the English Tourism Week branding from the toolkit supplied in email signatures, web banners, logos etc to raise awareness of the initiative amongst your tourism providers
- Organise events and launch special offers with accommodation providers, attractions, restaurants etc, using the toolkit to brand and advertise the offers
- Create a dedicated page on your destination site including details of all the ETW events in your area
- Hold a 'made in ....' event to highlight any local produce
- Organise exclusive ticket only behind the scenes tours and guided walks to tell the story of why your destination is amazing
- Contact the local media to keep them informed about your campaigns
The traditional send-off for the campaign is #BigTweetend which takes place on 1-2nd April 2017. Businesses, visitors and locals are encouraged to post their images on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and encourage sharing via the #BigTweetend hashtag.
For more information (including 101 Things to do for English Tourism Week) and to access the toolkit, visit the ETW page of the VisitBritain website.